Every year, UniTN sponsors the participation of one team of students in the regional contest of the ACM-ICPC competition. The ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest is the oldest programming competition, running since the seventies. In order to participate, teams are selected in the following way:
- Universities organise local competitions to select the beast teams to send to the regional contest.
- @UniTN: We run a series of meetings to train on the ACM-ICPC problems from April to May. At the end of May, a local competition is held to select one (or more) teams.
- The best teams participate in a regional contest; Italy belongs to the SWERC group, whose competitions are normally held in November.
- @UniTN: The expenses to participate in the event are (almost) fully covered by UniTN. The selected teams perform additional training from September to November.
- The best teams in the regional contest participate in the world contest, usually held on the next year.
- @UniTN: We never got to that point…
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, send me an email. The current teams will participate in the Regional Contest in 2021 (online, due to the Coronavirus).
|ACM-ICPC Online Archive, containing the problems used in Regionals and World Finals for ACM-ICPC||[Link]|
|Universidad de Vallolida Online Archive, containing additional problems. The website is associated to the Programming Challenges book (see below)||[Link]|
|Antti Laaksonen, Competitive Programmer’s Handbook||[PDF]|
|Steven S. Skiena, Miguel A. Revilla. Programming Challenges. Springer-Verlag (available in the library)||[Link]|
|Training page by Francesco Lotito||[Link]|
|Mathematical and algorithm notebooks used by Trento’s team in 2016||[Link]|
|Wikipedia page on competitive programming||[Link]|
|List of links for competitive programming||[Link]|
UniTN Hall of Fame
- Trento e Lode 2007 (18°)
- Trento e Lode 2008 (15°)
- Crackers Salati 2012 (20°)
- TN Broccoli 2013 (34°)
- UniTrento 2015 (52°)
- UniTrento 2016 (12° — Bronze medal)
- UniTrento 2017 (50°)
- TimeLimitExceeded 2018 (26°)
- UniTNTeam 2 2019 (24°)