Every year, UniTN sponsors the participation of one team of students in the regional contest of the ACM-ICPC competition. The ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest is the oldest programming competition, running since the seventies. In order to participate, teams are selected in the following way:
- Universities organise local competitions to select the beast teams to send to the regional contest.
- @UniTN: We run a series of meetings to train on the ACM-ICPC problems from April to May. At the end of May, a local competition is held to select one (or more) teams.
- The best teams participate in a regional contest; Italy belongs to the SWERC group, whose competitions are normally held in November.
- @UniTN: The expenses to participate in the event are (almost) fully covered by UniTN. The selected teams perform additional training from September to November.
- The best teams in the regional contest participate in the world contest, usually held on the next year.
- @UniTN: We never got to that point…
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, feel free to join the UniTN @ ACM-ICPC Telegram Channel. The next selection will be held in Spring 2018.
- 08/05/2018 — 16.30–18.30 — Room A221
- 17/05/2018 — 11.00–13.00 — Room TBD
- 22/05/2018 — 16.30–18.30 — Room A221
|ACM-ICPC Online Archive, containing the problems used in Regionals and World Finals for ACM-ICPC||[Link]|
|Universidad de Vallolida Online Archive, containing additional problems. The website is associated to the Programming Challenges book (see below)||[Link]|
|Steven S. Skiena, Miguel A. Revilla. Programming Challenges. Springer-Verlag (available in the library)||[Link]|
|Steven S. Skiena. The Algorithm Design Manual, 2nd edition. Springer-Verlag (available in the library)||[Link]|
|Antti Laaksonen, Competitive Programmer’s Handbook||[PDF]|
|Mathematical and algorithm notebooks used by Trento’s team in 2016||[Link]|
|Wikipedia page on competitive programming||[Link]|
|List of links for competitive programming||[Link]|
UniTN Hall of Fame
- Trento e Lode 2007 (18°)
- Trento e Lode 2008 (15°)
- Crackers Salati 2012 (20°)
- TN Broccoli 2013 (34°)
- UniTrento 2015 (52°)
- UniTrento 2016 (12° — Bronze medal)
- UniTrento 2017 (50°)